Thursday, January 20, 2005

Jib-Jab; Rathergate vs. WMDGate; O'Reilly at his best

There's a new Jib-Jab out. Jib-Jab bust out onto the scene in the month's leading up to the election with a hilarious parody of presidential election, to the tune of "This Land". A few months later, they came back with a somewhat less funny, but still great "It's Good to Be in D.C." The new release is entitled "The Second Term". You can check out all there at jibjab.com.

Since I've been covering the absurdity of the claims of liberal media bias, this illuminating quantatative comparison of both the severity and the media coverage of RatherGate vs. WMDGate, by the blog Poorman.com, is relevant. My personal favorite would have to be "Cost to American Taxpayer: RatherGate $0.00, WMDGate: ~$150,000,000 (as of 1/12/2005)

and, finally, I'll leave you with the transcript of a recent segment on the Bill O'Reilly show:

O'Reilly: I tell you what...I've been in combat. I've seen it....I've been close to it. and, If my unit is in danger, and I got a captured guy, and the guy knows where the enemy is, and I'm looking him in the eye...the guy better tell me. That's all I'm going to tell you. Yeah..he better tell me. If it's life or death...he's going first.

Shortly thereafter:

O'Reilly:
Roger, Portland Organ, What say you, Roger?

Caller: First things first, Bill. You just said you've been in combat, but you've never been in the military have you?

O'Reilly: No, I have not.

Caller: Then, why do you say you've been in combat?

O'Reilly: Why did I say that, Roger? Because I was in the middle of a couple of firefights in South and Central America.

Caller: But you were....a media guy.

O'Reilly: yeah...a media guy with a pen, and not a gun, and people were shooting at me, Roger,
Caller: Because people might think you were actually in the military.

O'Reilly: We don't want to mislead anybody, but I made it quite clear...

Caller: That shows how fair and balanced you are.

O'Reilly: (Getting Angry) Hey, you know what Roger? You can take that little "Fair and Balanced" snip remark and shove it! Okay...you're not getting on this air. and, You mister macho man would've never come close to doing what I've down..down where I've been.
(You can listen to the altercation, along with a parody by Al Frankn, at the Al Franken Show archive here)

|