Cheering for the Enemy
There four teams with a possibility of making it into the national championship game to face OSU are Michigan, USC, Florida and Arkansas. Arkansas has a very remote of making the big show, as they were blown out at home by USC, while Michigan's only loss was by 3 points on the road, to the #1 team in the nation. The only way Arkansas can take over the #2 seed is with incredibly impressive wins against both LSU and Florida.
This afternoon, at 2:30 PM, I will assume the roll of a Tigers fan, as Arkansas visits LSU on the road. An LSU win isn't absolutely necessary, but it will serve the dual purpose of eliminating the Razorbacks from national title contention and hurting USC's strength of schedule.
Tomorrow afternoon, I will become a huge Seminoles fan, as Florida visits their in-state rivals, the Florida State Seminoles at 12:00 PM. With a win over Florida State and Arkansas, Florida make have enough to overtake Michigan, since many voters will look for any excuse to avoid a rematch in the title game.
Saturday evening (8:00 PM) is the biggest game of the season for a Michigan Wolverine fan that does not include the Wolverines taking the field. Although the remote possibility exists for UCLA to knock off the Trojans in the final game of the season, the best chance for a USC loss is today. This is the single biggest thing that needs to happen for Michigan to advance to a neutral field showdown vs. OSU.
- 11/24 Arkansas vs LSU 2:30 PM (An Arkansas loss would knock the Razerbacks out of contention) VEGAS LINE: LSU -2
- 11/25 Florida at Florida State 12:00 PM (A Florida loss would knock the Gators out of contention) VEGAS LINE: FLORIDA -9
- 11/25 USC vs. Notre Dame 8:00 PM (A USC loss would knock the Trojans out of contention) VEGAS LINE: USC -7.5
- 12/02 USC at UCLA 4:30 PM (If USC manages to get by the Fighting Irish, this is one last chance for a loss)
- 12/02 SEC Championship Arkansas vs. Florida 6:00 PM (One last chance for either Arkansas or Florida to lose)