Senator Boxer and Clinton introduce "Count Every Vote Act" of 2005
Maybe I'm being a little naive, but I was encouraged by the announcement of this bill. This is how we have to frame the issue - How can anybody possibly oppose this bill? Who doesn't want to encourage everyone to have the right to vote?
Some of the key issues addressed by the bill:
- "the source and object code of all electronic voting machines to be open and readable by the public."
- "Paper records of electronic voting"
- "Election-day registration"
- "Election Day as a national holiday."
- "Restoration of voting rights for former felons"
- "Minimum required voting systems, poll workers, and election resources"
- "Impartial Administration of Elections"
Further discussion can be found on Common Dreams and the Miami Herald (subscription required).