Wednesday, March 02, 2005

groupThink Sick Leave

groupThink has been on a short-term temporary hiatus. I've been pretty sick the past few weeks, and have hardly had the energy to drag myself into the office. I started on Robert Reich's book, Reason - Why Liberal's Will Will the Battle for America, and I can already say that I whole-heartidly recommend it to all.

As soon as I regain my health, I hope to continue a series on the unwavering neoconservative belief in free market thinking, with an entry on health care. Recent related posts on the topic include The Free Market Mentality - The Neoconservative/Libertarian Pipe Dream and Corporatism, Wal*Mart, Halliburton and the Free Market.

Check out articles from the Elko Daily Free Press and RJG.com, concerning some outrageous comments made by Rep. Gibbons, R-Nev. Gibbons stated that liberals should be used as human shields for the US soldiers in Iraq. Gibbons referred to liberals as "liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippie, tie-dyed liberals", a week after getting into hot water for referring to those who oppose corporate donations to president Bush as communists.

|